Cynarina Coral: A Stunning Addition to Your Reef Tank
If you are looking for a coral that will wow your guests with its beauty and uniqueness, look no further than the Cynarina Coral. This coral, also known as Meat Coral or Doughnut Coral, has a round or oval shape with fleshy, translucent lobes that come in a variety of vibrant colors. The Cynarina Coral is a large polyp stony (LPS) coral that can grow up to 12 inches in diameter, making it a focal point in any reef aquarium.
The Cynarina’s are not only gorgeous, but also easy to care for, as long as you provide it with the right conditions. Here are some tips to help you keep your coral happy and healthy:
- Lighting: The Cynarina Coral prefers moderate to low lighting, as too much light can cause tissue damage or bleaching. Place it in a shaded area or lower in the tank to avoid direct exposure to intense light sources.
- Water Flow: The Cynarina Coral likes gentle to moderate water flow, which helps it expand fully and stay clean of debris and detritus. Avoid placing it in areas with strong or direct water currents, as this can harm its delicate tissues or prevent it from feeding properly.
- Water Parameters: The Cynarina Coral requires stable water conditions with optimal pH, temperature, calcium, and alkalinity levels. Maintain a pH range of 8.1-8.4, a temperature range of 75-80°F (24-27°C), a calcium level of 400-450 ppm, and an alkalinity level of 8-12 dKH. Perform regular water changes and test your water parameters frequently to ensure a healthy environment for your coral.
- Feeding: The Cynarina Coral is a voracious feeder that will benefit from regular feedings of small meaty foods, such as mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, or specialized coral food. Feed your coral twice a week during nighttime, when its tentacles are extended and ready to capture food. You can also supplement its diet with phytoplankton or other liquid coral foods, which will enhance its color and growth.
- Aggression: The Cynarina Coral is moderately aggressive and can extend its sweeper tentacles to sting nearby corals. Make sure to provide enough space between your Cynarina Coral and other corals, especially other LPS corals, to avoid competition and damage. A minimum of 3 inches of space is recommended, but you should always monitor your coral’s behavior and adjust accordingly.
The Cynarina Coral is a stunning and unique coral that will add a touch of elegance and beauty to your reef tank. With proper care and attention, you can enjoy this coral for years to come. Order yours today and get ready to be amazed by its colors and shapes. We are here to help you create your dream reef tank. Thank you for choosing us as your trusted source for quality corals and aquarium supplies.